School History

The Cardinal Wiseman School was opened in 1959. It was built to provide an additional capacity for West London's expanding catholic community including significant numbers of Irish families settling in Ealing. The first Headteacher, Maurice O’Riordan and his colleagues established and maintained high standards, with many families opting to forego grammar school places to attend Cardinal Wiseman. When the school opened in 1959 there were 318 pupils; in 2022 we have almost 2,000 students.

Maurice O’Riordan, the first Head Teacher (1959-1979)